Inhalt des Dokuments
Prof. Dr. Hartmut Ehrig
Head of Research Group Theoretische Informatik - Formale Spezifikation (TFS)
Hartmut Ehrig has been full professor of Theoretical Computer Science/Formal Specification at Technische Universität Berlin, Germany. Since October 2010 he is retired as university professor but he continues as project leader of several research projects. He has been leader of the following important national and international research projects in Theoretical Computer Science and Formal Software Development: The ESPRIT-projects SEDOS, LOTOSPHERE, ESPRIT-Basic Research WG's ASMICS, COMPASS, COMPUGRAPH, APPLIGRAPH, the German BMFT, BMBF and DFG-projects KORSO, ESPRESS, ACT, DAO, Graph-Transformations, IOSIP, Petri Net Technology, ForMAlNET, BehaviourGT and the TMR-networks GETGRATS and SEGRAVIS. He has produced more than 400 publications in international conference proceedings and journals. He had various research stays at the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY, University of Catalunya, Barcelona, and at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, University of Leiden, University of Rome, and University of Pisa.
He has been Steering Committee Chair and Member, Organizer and Program Chairman and Member of many international conferences and workshops on graph grammars, abstract data types and theory and practice of software development (TAPSOFT, ETAPS, ICGT). He is member of IFIP WG 1.3 (Found. of Syst. Spec.) and of the editorial boards of "Journal of Computer and System Science" (Academic Press), "Mathematical Structures in Computer Science" (Cambridge University Press), "Applied Categorical Structures", (Kluwer Academic Publishers), Fundamenta Informaticae (IOS Press), and “Journal of Integrated Design and Process Science” (Transact. of the SDPS). Moreover, he is editor of the "Formal Specification Column" in the Bulletin of the EATCS, editor of various special issues of journals and of volumes in World Scientific Publishing and in Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science, and reviewer for several scientific and industrial projects including ESPRIT Basic Research and several other EU projects. He has received the honorary Kosterman Professorship at Leiden University (1993-94), the C. V. Ramamoorthy Distinguished Scholar Award from the Society for Design and Process Science (SDPS) in Pasadena 2002, and the ICGT Award for the Most Influential Paper in the Area of Graph Transformation Since 25 Years, at ICGT 2010 in Enschede.
|1944 ||Born in Angermünde (Germany)|
| 1969 ||Diplom (Dipl. Math.) in Mathematics at the Technical University of Berlin (TUB), Germany|
| 1971 ||Married to Gertraud Ehrig (children: Karsten (1976), Timo (1977), Rita (1983))|
| 1971 ||Ph.D.(Dr.rer.nat) at Department of Mathematics at TUB|
| 1972 - 1976 || Assistant Professor at Dep.of Cybernetics at TUB |
| 1974 ||Habilitation in "Automata Theory and Formal Language" at Department of Cybernetics at TUB|
| 1974 - 1976 || Several research visits at Computer Science Department of University of Mass. at Amherst and IBM TJW Research Center, Yorktown Heights, USA|
| 1976 || Associate Professor (AH5/C3) at Computer Science Department(TUB)|
| 1977 - 1995 ||Director (resp. Vice Director) of Institute of Software and Theoretical Computer Science at TUB |
| 1981 - 1991 || Chairman (resp. vice chairman) of Computer Science Department at TUB (3 periods of 1-2 years)|
| 1985 || Coorganizer of 1st Int. Conf. "Theory and Practice of Software Development" (TAPSOFT), Berlin 1985 |
|1985 || Call on C4-professorship at FernuniversitŠt Hagen, Full Professor (C4) at Compute Science Dept.of TUB|
|1985 || Full Professor (C4) at Computer Science Department of TUB|
| 1993 - 1994 ||Klosterman Professorship (honorary) at Leiden University, The Netherlands|
| 1989 - 1996 ||European Coordinator of ESPRIT Basisc Research WG. COMPUGRAPH I and II (Computing by Graph Transformations)|
| 1996 - 2001 || Director of Institute of Communication and Software Engineering at TUB|
|1997 - 2002 ||Vice President of European Association of Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS)|
|1998 - 2004 ||German Coordinator of Priority Program "Integration of Software Specification Techniques for Applications in Engineering" funded by the German Research Council (DFG)|
| 1998 ||Member of Steering Committee for European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software (ETAPS)|
| 2000 ||Coorganizer of "3rd European Joint Conference on Theory and Practice of Software" (ETAPS 2000) Berlin, 2000 |
| 2000 ||Vice President of European Association of Software Science and Technology (EASST)|
| 2000 - 2008 ||Chairman of Steering Committee for International Conferences on Graph Transformation (ICGT)|
| 2001 ||University Professor at Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at TUB|
| 2001 ||Director of Institute of Software Engineering and Theoretical Computer Science at Faculty of Electical Engineering and Computer Science at TUB|
| 2002 ||C.V. Ramamoorthy Distinguished Scholar Award, Society for Design and Process Science (SPDS)|
| 2002 ||General Chairman 1st Int. Conf. on Graph Transformation (ICGT'02) Barcelona, 2002|
| 2002 ||Fellow of Society for Design and Process Science (SPDS) Pasadena, California|
| 2004 ||General Chairman of 2nd Int. Conf. on Graph Transformation (ICGT'04), Rome, 2004|
| 2004 ||Coorganizer of PNGT Workshop of "Petri Nets and Graph Transformation" at ICGT|
| 2005 ||Coorganizer of "Distinguished Lecture Series on Theory and Practice of Software Development: Past and Future" (TAPSOFT 2005) Berlin, 2005|
| 2006 ||Steering Committee Chair of Third International Conference on Graph Transformation (ICGT'06), Natal, Brazil, 2006|
| 2007 ||Coorganizer of ACCAT Workshop on "Applied and Computational Category Theory" at ETAPS |
| 2008 ||Steering Committee Chair of 4th International Conference on Graph Transformation (ICGT'08), Leicester, UK, 2008|
| 2010 ||Coorganizer of International Colloquium on Graph and Model Transformation (GraMoT 2010), Berlin, 2010|
| 1.10.2010 ||Retired as University Professor at School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at TU Berlin, but continuing as Project Leader of DFG projects|
| 2010 ||ICGT Award for Most Influential Paper in the Area of Graph Transformation since 25 Years, ICGT 2010, Enschede, NL, 2010|
Selected Monographs and Editions
- Graph and Model Transformation: General Framework and Applications (with C. Ermel, U. Golas and F. Hermann). Monographs in Theoretical Computer Science. An EATCS Series. 472 p. ISBN: 978-3-662-47979-7. Springer, 2015.
- Fundamentals of Algebraic Graph Transformation (with K. Ehrig, U. Prange and G. Taentzer), Monographs in Theoretical Computer Science XIV. An EATCS Series. 388 p. ISBN: 3-540-31187-4. Springer, 2006
- Graph Transformations (Edited with G. Engels, F. Parisi-Presicce and G. Rozenberg), Lecture Notes of Computer Science 3256, Springer, 2004.
- Formal and Natural Computing. Essays Dedicated to Grzegorz Rozenberg (Edited with W. Brauer, J. Karhumäki and A. Salomaa), Springer, 2002.
- Mathematisch-strukturelle Grundlagen der Informatik (with B. Mahr, F. Cornelius, M. Große-Rhode and P. Zeitz), Springer-Lehrbuch, 2002.
- Unifying Petri Nets (Edited with G. Juhás and G. Rozenberg), Lecture Notes of Computer Science 2128, Springer, 2002.
- Graph Transformation. (Edited with A. Corradini, H.-J. Kreowski and G. Rozenberg), Lecture Notes of Computer Science 2505, Springer, 2002
- Handbook of Graph Grammars and Computing by Graph Transformations: Volume 2: Applications, Languages and Tools (Edited with G. Engels, H.-J. Kreowski and G. Rozenberg), World Scientific, 1999
- Theory and Application of Graph Transformations. (Edited with G. Engels, H.-J. Kreowski and G. Rozenberg), Lecture Notes of Computer Science 1764, Springer, 1998
- Handbook of Graph Grammars and Computing by Graph Transformations: Volume 1: Foundations. (Edited with G. Engels, H.-J. Kreowski and G. Rozenberg), World Scientific, 1997
- Algebraic Specification Techniques and Tools for Software Development. (with I.Claßen and D. Wolz), AMAST Series in Computing, Vol. 1, World Scientific, 1993
- Recent Trends in Data Type Specification. (Edited with K.-P. Jantke and F. Orejas), Lecture Notes of Computer Science 554, Springer, 1990
- Fundamentals of Algebraic Specifications 1: Equations and Initial Semantics. (with B. Mahr), Vol. 6 of EATCS Monographs on Theoretical Computer Science. Springer, 1985.
- Fundamentals of Algebraic Specifications 2: Module Specifications and Constraints. (with B. Mahr), Vol. 21 of EATCS Monographs on Theoretical Computer Science. Springer, 1990.
- Universal Theory of Automata (with K. D. Kiermeier, H.-J. Kreowski, and W. Kuehne), (Teubner Verlag, 1974.
- Kategorien und Automaten (with M. Pfender), (de Gruyter Verlag, 1972.
Zusatzinformationen / Extras
Postal AddressProf. Dr. Hartmut Ehrig
Institut für Softwaretechnik und Theoretische Informatik
Sekr. MAR 5-5
Raum MAR 5024
Tel. 314 27787